*******IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR OUR PATIENTS***********
OUR TELEPHONE NUMBER IS CHANGING TO 0161 357 5260 FROM FRIDAY 18TH DECEMBER 2020
PLEASE UPDATE YOUR RECORDS ASAP, WE APOLOGISE IN ADVANCE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE.
WE WOULD LIKE TO WISH ALL OUR PATIENTS AND FRIENDS A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR
WE WILL KEEP OUR PATIENTS UPDATED AS REGULARILY AS WE CAN KEEPING IN LINE WITH THE NATIONAL GUIDANCE
As you will be aware, new national Coronavirus restrictions will come into force tomorrow,
The Council external website - www.oldham.gov.uk/coronavirus has been updated to reflect these changes.
The new restrictions mean that:
· People must stay at home aside from for specific purposes, including but not limited to work, education, exercise, to attend medical appointments and to make essential shopping trips.
· People must not meet anyone they do not live with indoors, unless they are in a support or childcare bubble. You can meet one person from another household outdoors.
· Businesses such as pubs, restaurants, leisure facilities and non-essential shops will have to close.
· Places of worship will be closed, aside from for specific reasons such as funerals and individual prayer.
· People must not travel outside of their own area, aside from for specific purposes such as work and education.
16/03/2020 - AS OF TODAY THE PRACTICE WILL NOT BE SEEING ANY PATIENTS FACE TO FACE FOR ROUTINE APPOINTMENTS - INSTEAD THE CLINICIANS WILL TELEPHONE TRIAGE FOR THE PROTECTION OF STAFF AND PATIENTS ALIKE IT IS NOT RECOMMENDED TO COME TO THE SURGERY. PLEASE USE NHS 111 ONLINE FOR ADVICE.
Anyone with a continous cough OR fever (>37.8) must self isolate for 7 days (this includes children)
Travel history is now irrelevant
Anyone with these symptoms who is WELL can just stay at home and does not need to ring 111 or be tested. If symptoms deteriorate use NHS 111 online for advice.
Anyone with these symptoms who is UNWELL should go to NHS 111 online for advice, they must NOT go to the GP, 111 will access and advise
Last updated below on 16/03/2020
Online Services - NHS App
The new NHS App allows our patients to take more control over their own medical records, downloading and registering on the NHS App patients will be able to:
- Book, Cancel and manage appointments at your GP practice
- Order repeat prescriptions for collection at your practice or a pharmacy you have already nominated
- Securely view your GP medical record.
- Register to be an organ donor.
- Check your symptoms using the health A-Z from the NHS website
- Find out what to do when you need help urgently, using NHS 111 online.
For further information please click on the links below:
The NHS App has been developed by the NHS in England.docx
If you require any further information please contact the reception team who will be happy to help you and answer any questions you may have.
About Saraf Medical Practice
We are a GP training practice and will have a GP registrar working at the practice on a six months or yearly basis.
GP registrars are fully qualified hospital doctors undergoing their GP training.
The surgery operates from the first of the LIFT Buildings to be built in Oldham, a building designed for service delivery to the local community in the 21st century, offering a new style of delivering services to patients across the Oldham Borough. It is fully accessible for all patients.
New service delivery also means a new way of working for staff, and patients will notice that a receptionist for the practice will not always be available to check them in when they have an appointment to see the doctor or nurse. A patient self check-in has been installed for patient use, reducing patients' waiting time when checking in for an appointment and freeing the receptionist to attend to other duties.
Patients can access the building by the front or rear. The car park is at the rear of the building.
How To Contact Us
Saraf Medical Practice
Moorside Medical Centre
681 Ripponden Road, Moorside
Oldham OL1 4JU
Tel: 0161 909 8388
Fax: 0161 909 8581
Reception is open from 8.00am – 6.30pm Monday to Friday. To contact the surgery please ring the direct line – 0161 909 8388. If you need to contact a doctor outside these hours, ring the surgery number and your call will be diverted to the out-of-hours service.
The General Practitioner
Dr Rajesh Saraf MBBS DO MS MRCGP